Is Landscaping a Good Investment?
Considering a new landscape design for your yard? Undoubtedly you’re wondering if landscaping is a good investment. The short answer is yes—landscaping can provide a good return on investment, not to mention it enhances the appearance of your home.
Outdoor living is becoming an even larger trend among homeowners. It continues to increase in popularity—and with good reason! Outdoor living spaces can improve both the functionality and aesthetic of your yard and it allows you to enjoy your home in new ways.
- Bring a 20 – 30 percent return on investment to the value of your home
- Increase your home’s curb appeal
- Reduce the time a house stays on the market
- Raise the value of your home—patios can increase property values by as much as 12.6 percent (according to RealEstate.com)
- Bring in more money for your home sale—potential home buyers will pay up to about 11 percent above the asking price for homes with attractive, thoughtful landscaping
According to the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), 5 percent investment in landscaping can raise the value of a home by 15 percent and it’s suggested to invest approximately 10 percent of the value of the property in landscaping. Just make sure you avoid common landscape design mistakes!
Fortunately, with the right landscape company, avoiding mistakes is easy. Experienced landscapers will be able to give you the best tips for raising the curb appeal and value of your home.